News
MUTUAL AID TO WANAMASSA FOR COMMERCIAL STRUCTURE FIRE
Sun. Sep 17th 2017

Last evening, the Wanamassa Fire Company and Oakhurst Independent Hose Company No. 1 were dispatched to a business on Allaire Avenue for a fire alarm. Prior to an engine checking in service, Monmouth County Sheriff's Office Communications Division advised they had received multiple fire alarms as well as reports of smoke showing. Chief 37-2-68 immediately requested a box alarm, bringing a full station response from Oakhurst and District 36 RIT to the scene. Upon arrival of Engine 37-2-73, Chief 2-68 established command and reported there was visible smoke coming from the roof. After entry was made and interior and exterior operations were conducted by crews from 37-2 and 37-1, it was determined the smoke was caused by a malfunctioning electrical panel. 

The quick work by all companies involved resulted in the building sustaining minimal damage and likely saved it from further damage. 

Thank you to our mutual aid companies and cover assignments from Bradley Beach Fire Department and Ocean Grove Fire Dept for being ready and willing to help. 

Photos courtesy of District 36 RIT and Ex- Chief Evans.

*PREPARED BY WANAMASSA FIRE COMPANY 

37 entries in the News

37 entries in the News


© 2020 Oakhurst Independent Hose Co No. 1